Our friends over at pallensmith.com posted this recipe, and with it being the holy month of strawberry season and all, we thought we would share it with you. It’s just what you need to enjoy these mild temperatures and a mess of strawberries.
Strawberry Tart with Chocolate Crumble Crust
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons chocolate liqueur, if desired
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- 3 cups fresh strawberries (other berries will work too)
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Begin the recipe by making the crust.
- In a large bowl use an electric mixer to beat together the butter and sugar for 1 minute.
- Stir in cocoa powder and flour until well blended. The mixture will be crumbly.
- Form the mixture into a 12 inch disk on large baking sheet. Like a big cookie.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- While the crust is cooling make the filling.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and chocolate liqueur. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in 1 cup of melted white chocolate chips.
- Gently fold the cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream.
- Spread the chocolate cream cheese onto prepared chocolate pastry crust.
- Top with sliced strawberries and drizzle the remaining 1/4 cup melted white chocolate chips over berries.
- Chill for 1 hour or until set.