We are less than a week out. It’s time to fight the denial that is Thanksgiving-meal prep, which of course includes shopping for all the things.
Your people want sweet potato casserole, I bet. I found this on a website I just love (one where I LIKE getting their emails), and I’m sharing it with you.
Sweet Potato Casserole
Adapted from www.cookingprofessionally.com
Sweet Potato Base
- 5 cooked sweet potatoes, peeled and mashed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together mashed sweet potatoes, salt, 1/4 cup butter, eggs, vanilla, ground cinnamon, sugar, and cream.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine 1/4 cup butter, flour, brown sugar, and chopped pecans.
- Mix together with a pastry blender or fingers, until coarse. Sprinkle over potatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes and enjoy!
Image courtesy of cookingprofessionally.com