Listen up, people. The time is nigh for the good watermelons. Chop, chop.
Get one, grab some feta cheese and mint, and enjoy this little number. I whipped it up last week and liked it so much I made it again the next day. It’s perfect this time of year.
Watermelon Feta Salad
- 8 lb. whole seedless watermelon, chilled (about 12 cups of cubed fruit)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 whole limes, juiced
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese (sheep’s milk feta preferred)
(Note: This salad is best made just prior to serving. Prepare one hour or less before your meal.)
- Cut rind from the watermelon, then chop the fruit into 1 inch chunks. Place chunks in a colander to drain as your chop.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, fresh lime juice, salt, and black pepper to create a dressing.
- Place watermelon in a large salad bowl. Pour dressing and chopped mint over the watermelon and toss gently to coat. Pour the crumbled feta into the salad bowl and stir gently to integrate the cheese into the salad. Serve.
Recipe adapted from www.toriavey.com