By Nic Williams
1 12-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained with liquid reserved
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained
1/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 cup cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup mascarpone cheese (or additional 1/2 cup cream cheese if unavailable)
2 teaspoons salt, plus extra to taste
2 teaspoons dried basil
1. Process peppers and tomatoes in a food processor fitted with a steel blade for 5 seconds.
2. Add sour cream, mayonnaise, cream cheese and mascarpone cheese. Pulse until well-incorporated as a thick purée, about 7 seconds.
3. Thin it out, if desired, by adding reserved liquid one tablespoon at a time and pulsing.
4. Add salt and basil and process until both are distributed throughout dip, about 2-4 seconds.
5. Taste for seasoning and adjust as desired. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve with your favorite chips.