Social media has been a great resource during the pandemic for new recipes. I lifted this one, with permission of course, from Donna Danforth.
It looked good and easy. Two of the ingredients I like for my recipes.
If you have one you want to share that I can post, send it to me, email@example.com.
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts about 1 1/2 lb.
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Sea salt and pepper
- 12 asparagus stalks end trimmed (frozen is acceptable)
- 1 oz tomatoes chopped up
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ stick of butter, melted
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Place the chicken on a chopping board and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper. Cut chicken lengthwise to create pockets. Be careful not to cut all the way through. Add 3 sprigs of asparagus and a couple of pieces of tomatoes to a mozzarella slice, then roll it to hold them inside. Stuff the chicken breasts with it.
- Close the pocket with a toothpick. Heat oil in skillet.
- Sear chicken until nicely golden brown, about 3-5 minutes per side. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Baste with melted butter.