I’ve been pretty honest here. I love carbs. And I think all the time, this is the week I’m going low carb.
But we’ll do that next week, ok? This one looks really good. My friend Darrin Clanton posted this one on Facebook, and I had to steal it.
Daddy’s Potatoes Au Gratin
- 5 – 6 medium sized russet potatoes, cut into small cubes (doesn’t have to be peeled)
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of chopped onions
- ½ cup of chopped celery
- Heat oven to 400 Saute onions and celery in about 1 TB butter for 5-7 minutes, until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, cheese, sour cream, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, parsley, Parmesan cheese, sauted onions and celery. Mix well.
- Add the potatoes, mix to make sure that all of the potatoes are coated.
- Generously spray casserole dish (13 x 9 ish) with non stick cooking spray.
- Cook with foil and cook for 60 min, stir after about 30 min. Uncover, cook another 30 min until potatoes are fork tender.