What makes a great drive-in? Popular fast-food restaurant Sonic set out to figure out which of its drive-ins are the best, and two of those spots are right here in Arkansas.
Searcy and Marshall can now lay claim to two of the Top 12 Sonics in the country. The Marshall drive-in is located at 919 Highway 65 North, while the Searcy drive-in is located at 1201-a North Maple St.
But these restaurants didn’t just skate to glory. Sonic put its team members through the ringer as part of the 25th annual Dr. Pepper Sonic Games. Over the past nine months, thousands of Sonic team members have participated in individual and team challenges. And it’s all for the glory – and the training.
This week, Sonic released the Top 12 Sonic teams.
These teams include:
- Corsicana, Texas (1700 West 7th Ave.)
- El Paso, Texas (1865 N Zaragosa Rd.)
- Jefferson City, Tenn. (201 East Broadway Blvd.)
- Kansas City, Mo. (5105 NE Vivion Rd.)
- Knoxville, Tenn. (4515 Chapman Hwy.)
- Knoxville, Tenn. (3307 North Broadway)
- Knoxville, Tenn. (7519 Mountain Grove Dr.)
- Lee’s Summit, Mo. (1901 E Langsford Rd.)
- Madison, Ala. (1700 W 7th Ave.)
- Marshall, Ark. (919 Highway 65 North)
- Searcy, Ark. (1201-a North Maple St.)
- Summertown, Tenn. (9102 Highway 20)
All of the teams will compete at the Sonic National Convention in Austin this September to settle the question of which drive-in is the best. The top three teams will receive gold, silver and bronze medals.
“Thousands of drive-in teams have participated in DR PEPPER SONIC GAMES since its inception in 1994, each playing a vital role in creating memorable experiences for SONIC guests,” said Kevin Knutson, senior director of operations services for SONIC. “The dedication and passion our Final 12 teams highlight SONIC’s unique work culture and their devotion to go above and beyond.”