Looking for a quick and easy dinner tonight? Well, look no further than this delicious spaghetti carbonara recipe!
With only a few ingredients, you will have a terrific Italian meal in no time!
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces pancetta or fried bacon, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions and start the sauce.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, then add the oil and pancetta. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until the pancetta gets crispy
- Whisk the eggs with the cheese in a bowl and some salt and pepper.
- When the spaghetti is done, drain it and reservesome of the cooking water, and add the pasta to the hot pancetta or bacon skillet. Toss to coat the pasta with the oil. Remove the skillet from the heat and pour over the egg mixture, tossing quickly so the eggs don’t scramble. Add some of the hot cooking water to thin it out and form a sauce. Toss in the parsley. Serve immediately with some extra cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.