by Julie Craig
MOLLY MAID is a professional and insured house cleaning company in central and Northwest Arkansas with services in Little Rock, Maumelle, North Little Rock, Benton and the surrounding communities, as well as in Fayetteville, Springdale, Rogers and surrounding communities. Locally owned by Rebecca Nash, Pedro Silva and Michael Silva-Nash since 2005, Molly Maid is more than just a business that cleans houses, but a family business that truly cares about its customers. Michael Silva-Nash grew up in the business as a kid and says, “We were all involved somehow and played our part in getting the business to where it is now. No one is too big or small for any job, and we all work together to make sure every customer is pleased.”
In fact, after college graduation, Michael took over the executive vice president role to help oversee daily operations and strategic planning for the company. “We’re constantly changing and retraining because being the best requires it,” he says.
Dubbed a “neighborly company,” which provides services to homes, Molly Maid not only cleans houses, but the team of experts makes sure customers are completely satisfied and takes the time to get to know the homeowners and their needs. The team gives busy individuals and families clean, comfortable homes to return to and enjoy – homes cleaned according to their individual wishes and services backed by a 24-hour satisfaction guarantee. The home service professionals arrive at your residence in a clearly marked Molly Maid car, dressed in uniform and ready to work with all the supplies and equipment necessary to thoroughly clean your home. Only want certain rooms in the home cleaned? The team can do that. Have a list of specific needs or products you use? They can cater to that. Need a schedule that will work just right for you? No problem, either. Let the Molly Maid team know exactly what you need, and they will gladly work with your every wish.
And if a cleaner house is what you wish for this season, now that it’s spring, it’s really the ideal time to take care of all of the cleaning you’ve been putting off for months! This season is perfect for taking care of forgotten tasks around the house, even as important as they may be. But, if you’re overwhelmed and don’t know where to begin in your organization, Molly Maid offers a few easy, do-it-yourself tips to get started on your way to some amazing spring cleaning:
1. AIR VENT FILTERS – Spring cleaning is a perfect time to replace the air filters. They remove allergens, dust and other harmful particles from the air and with flowers blooming, the pollen will be inevitable. Reduce the sneezing around your home by changing all the air filters and writing the date of the change on the filter so you can always go back and remember the date that you last changed it. PRO-TIP: While you are at it, stick a dryer sheet to the air filter. It will help circulate your favorite scent around the house without having to use expensive plug-in scent devices.
2. SHOWER CURTAINS – Every time you step into the shower you see that same moldy spot on the inside of the shower curtain. While it’s unsightly, it’s very common given the combination of humidity and condensation. However, shower curtains can get expensive! Instead of having to buy another one, pop the shower liner into the washer. Add some scrubbing action by tossing a towel in with it and then hang to dry on its curtain rod!
3. GARBAGE DISPOSAL – The odors of the garbage disposal can become overbearing without proper maintenance. Deodorize yours by placing some orange or lemon peels and grinding them. Cut them into reasonably sized pieces to make it easier on your disposal, and run some water at the same time.
4. FRONT PATIO – It’s time to make it warm and inviting, but old leaves and cobwebs don’t give a nice greeting. Take a broom to it and sweep up any debris on the ground. Remove the cobwebs using the same broom.
5. EXTERIOR WINDOWS – Some windows can be hard to reach and removing the cobwebs sometimes isn’t enough. Use your flat mop or Swiffer by placing a wet rag to clean the dirty windows that are up too high. After removing the dirt, replace the rag with another one that has Windex on it to add some shine.
6. CEILING FANS – These continue to collect dust year round but sometimes dusting them creates a bigger mess than the one you are cleaning. Use a pillowcase to put over each ceiling fan blade, press down and drag the dirt straight into the pillowcase. This will remove the thick layer of dust on it while collecting all the mess inside the pillowcase.
These tips are helpful in getting started, but if you’re short on time and for the ultimate spring clean, you’ll want to call Molly Maid. For more information, call 501-758-9996 (Molly Maid of Greater Little Rock) or 479-802-5333 (Northwest Arkansas office) or schedule your free consultation at MollyMaid.com. Plus, tune in to the regularly scheduled Fresh Ideas with Molly Maid on KARK Channel 4 on the third Tuesday of every month.