Do you know an individual that has what it takes to be a PINK TIE GUY?
Susan G. Komen is seeking men to serve as PINK TIE GUYS. The deadline to apply or nominate someone is July 15.
These men exemplify the mantra “real men wear pink” because they know that pink is a symbol of hope, courage and strength.
Susan G. Komen Arkansas is proud to continue its initiative aimed at engaging men in the breast cancer movement and giving a male voice to the urgency of finding a cure.
Breast cancer affects 1 in 8 women and 1 in 1,000 men in their lifetime. Arkansas has the sixth highest incidence of breast cancer of all the states. Worse still, Arkansas has the third highest mortality of breast cancer in late stages of the disease. The Pink Tie Guys can make a powerful statement of the importance of early detection to save lives.
PINK TIE GUYS are leaders who honor those touched by breast cancer and will help mobilize, energize and engage others in the KO-MEN promise to save lives and end breast cancer forever.
PINK TIE GUYS pledge to make a difference by wearing their signature pink Komen tie and sparking conversations about breast health, breast cancer disparities and the power to affect change.
The PINK TIE GUYS live and work within the Arkansas Affiliate Service Area: 68 of the 75 counties in Arkansas, excluding the extreme Northwest part of the state.
Each PINK TIE GUY is asked to make the following commitment:
- Serve as an ambassador of Komen Arkansas by wearing a signature pink Komen tie and speaking out about the importance of early detection and breast self-awareness.
- Attend the Runway for the Cure Luncheon, September 5, 2019 at the Clear Channel Metroplex in Little Rock and will be introduced as a PINK TIE GUY on stage.
- Support Komen Arkansas with a minimum of $1,500 gift.
In appreciation for the commitment, PINK TIE GUYS will receive the following:
- A signature pink Komen tie
- One complimentary table of 10 at the Runway for the Cure, September 5, 2019
- Highlight in the Komen Arkansas Social Media
- Recognized in event press releases and other publications