This Saturday and Sunday, the state of Arkansas will hold its annual sales tax holiday to prepare for the back-to-school season. This means that retailers all across the state are required to participate and may not charge tax on tax-exempt merchandise.
Some of the items free of state and local tax include:
- clothing items and apparel less than $100 per item
- apparel accessories and equipment that costs less than $50 per item
- electronics such as printers, laptops, and phones
- school supplies and school art supplies
This that are not sales tax exempt include
- sewing equipment
- sports and extracurricular gear
- protective equipment such as face masks
Many Arkansas stores and retailers are also doing special sales in addition to the tax exemption this weekend.