Nestled on the outskirts of the River Valley, a stone’s throw from Oklahoma, is the ever-growing city of Fort Smith. With endless support from the community and an increase in outside visitors, Fort Smith is making a name for itself to rival more well-known hot spots in the state.
From art to coffee and everything in between, Fort Smith has plenty to offer the state. In no particular order, here are a few stellar eats you need to try:
- Bricktown Brewery: This restaurant may technically be a chain, but the mission of Bricktown locations is to create an atmosphere unique to that of the community it’s in. Visiting the Fort Smith location, this goal appears to be accomplished. A trendy hub downtown, Bricktown resides in an older structure that captures the brick aesthetic that dominates the painted town. Offering American classics such as burgers and pizza, the restaurant puts a signature spin to make the dishes their own. Other menu items include pasta, salads and seafood. Enjoy some local brews and classic wine options while admiring the ebb and flow of downtown. Find out more here.
- Anthony’s Italian Restaurant: Who doesn’t love fresh rolls and oil for dipping? Anthony’s keeps the bread coming so you have enough to sop the tasty sauce of their authentic Italian dishes. Entering the doors is like going home, except you don’t have to cook! Anthony will keep you well-fed with his authentic recipes as well as put a smile on your face while making his rounds.
- Del Sol Mexican Grill: Chips and salsa are fantastic in any setting, and Del Sol -weather permitting- provides outdoor seating with a view of Massard Creek as an option. That’s not to say that eating the sacred dip isn’t as good inside the restaurant, because the lively atmosphere will definitely speak for itself. Mexican food available for breakfast, lunch and dinner – indulge on all of your favorite classics along with some unique spins. Don’t forget to ask about their drink specials! Find out more here.
- Fried Rice: Who doesn’t love amazing Thai food at TWO locations? Fried Rice on Midland and Fried Rice “2” on Towson offer tasty twists on the namesake fried rice (Pineapple Fried Rice) along with traditional Thai dishes. Be prepared for leftovers for a day or two because these plates come out fast and full. Everyone has their favorite order, so be adventurous – but definitely try the crab wontons! Find out more here.
- Art’s BBQ & Burgers: The pictures on the website alone are enough to make your mouth water and your nose tingle at the smokiness. Start off with the BBQ Nachos and make your way from there to anything from the smoker or grill. Completely fresh and straight from the fire, Art’s meats served with smiles will become your new constant crave. And don’t worry, the TV is on and ready for you to cheer on your team! Find out more here.
- Paizi’s Gyro
- Green Papaya
- AJ’s Oyster House