Today, I’d like to encourage you to practice a bit of mind-over-matter. While your physical health is important, your mental health is key. A positive mental attitude can make a huge difference not only in your day, but also in your overall well being.
One way to practice positivity is through self-talk. Start your day by thinking “Today is going to be a great day. I’ll be productive, happy and empowered!” Then, thank God or the Universe for one or several things, such as your health, strength, family, friends … gratitude is a powerful tool in the arsenal of positivity.
According to the Mayo Clinic, some of the health benefits that positive thinking may provide include:
- Increased life span
- Lower rates of depression
- Lower levels of distress
- Greater resistance to the common cold
- Better psychological and physical well-being
- Reduced risk of death from cardiovascular disease
- Better coping skills during hardships and times of stress
So, accentuate the positive! You could live longer and healthier.