Ever miss those glue-covered, handcrafted Valentine’s Day decorations of your youth? Just because you’re not in elementary school doesn’t mean you can’t spread the love with some made-from-the-heart V-Day goodness. DIY your own lovely decorations that make the perfect backdrop for your dinner party or Galentine’s Day gathering, or make these works of art and ship them to your special someone. Get crazy and customize them with your favorite sayings for year-round enjoyment, or make something that you’ll use year after year in your annual celebration of love.
1. Hugs & Kisses Tablecloth: Give your table a dose of love with this XOXO tablecloth! This piece is perfect for a Valentine’s Day gift, or to give your desserts a perfect backdrop. (via Walk in Love)
2. Rose Garland: Up the ante this Valentine’s Day with real-rose garland! This garland makes a pretty backdrop for your DIY photo booth, or a simple piece for your party. Plus, this easy garland is a good way to preserve your newly gifted bouquet from you significant other. Admire the flowers for a few days in the vase, then repurpose them into this elegant decoration! (via A Pair & A Spare)
3. Conversation Heart Piñata: Make your party interactive with these conversation heart piñatas. An ode to the classic conversation hearts, these giant piñatas can be customized with your own sweet sayings and filled with your favorite candy for a party piece that is both fun and personalized. (via Studio DIY)
4. Geometric Heart Mat: Customize your black floor mat with this geometric heart! Don’t want to toss it after Valentine’s Day? Use the mat as an accent piece in your bedroom or entry way to keep the love going all year round. (via Hello Lidy)
5. Lovely Wall Hanging: Bring a bit of loveliness to the party with this wall hanging! Customize the hanging with your favorite quote or symbol and hang it for your guests to admire. (via Sarah Hearts)
6. Giant Wallflower Typography: This fresh-flower wall art is sure to bring all the V-Day vibes into your home. Get creative with a collection of letters and your favorite flowers for a memorable installation you’ll be glad you DIY’d! (via Paper & Stitch)
What are you making for Valentine’s Day? Tell us in the comments below!