Fayetteville will be getting a festive light show in December, courtesy of Walmart.
On Dec. 20, the mega retailer will host the “Walmart Holiday Drone Light Show,” at the 112 Drive-In. This light show will feature almost 1,000 Intel drones creating three-dimensional shapes and characters against the night sky. You’ll get to see reindeer, snowflakes, snowmen and more – all created by drones.
The light show will have a great soundtrack, too! All of the lights will be choreographed to holiday classics from “Frosty the Snowman” to “Run Run Rudolph.”
‘“After a particularly tough year, we want to help families end the year looking up. We want customers and communities to enjoy a moment of rest, peace and hope,” William White, chief marketing officer at Walmart, said in a statement. “From our summer movie drive-in to our fall gameday and Halloween experiences, we’ve been finding ways to help families enjoy seasonal traditions in a year when they thought it might not be possible.”
Fayetteville is not the only city that will be getting to see the holiday light snow. There are seven other cities the show will be visiting. The full list is below:
- Friday, Dec. 4: Kansas City, Kansas at Kansas Speedway
- Saturday, Dec. 5: Dallas, Texas at the Cotton Bowl
- Wednesday, Dec. 9: San Antonio, Texas at Six Flags Fiesta Texas
- Thursday, Dec. 10: Doswell, Virginia at Kings Dominion
- Sunday, Dec. 13: Phoenix, Arizona at Phoenix Raceway
- Wednesday, Dec. 16: Charlotte, North Carolina at Carowinds
- Friday, Dec. 18: Sacramento, California at Sleep Train Arena
- Sunday, Dec. 20: Fayetteville, Arkansas at 112 Drive-In
To reserve free tickets, visit www.walmartdroneshow.com. Ticket holders will receive an email with a QR code that will grant their vehicle entry to the show.
If you don’t get a ticket or don’t live in any of these areas, the light show will also be shown on Walmart’s social media feeds on Saturday, Dec. 5 at 6:40 p.m.