Check out the latest news from around Arkansas! Every day, we’ll bring you some of the best news bits from around the Internet.
- The popular restaurant chain, which currently has opened 34 locations for dine-in services, has plans to open up to 124 (out of 294) by mid-June.
- “Looney Tunes” executive producer Peter Browngardt told the New York Timesthat the show is no longer “doing guns.” This includes Elmer Fudd’s rifle and Yosemite Sam’s pistols.
- Arkansans from the quaint northwest corner of the state are invited to hit the road this Saturday, June 13. Erika Finnestead has organized a Northwest Arkansas (NWA) scavenger hunt, dubbed the “Rona Road Rally,” a clever play on the initial reason citizens are looking for an escape from quarantine. The best part? The starting and finishing line are at your home.
- While in Pine Bluff for his daily COVID-19 press briefing on Tuesday, Hutchinson said that he planned to address the state’s Phase II reopening plans during the Wednesday press conference. The announcement will reportedly address when and how the state will enter the second phase of reopening. However, he did not offer any further details on what the reopening might entail.
- Former Miss Arkansas and Miss America Savvy Shields has taken to her art as a way to honor brides across the country affected by the coronavirus. By painting brides’ wedding dresses, she hopes to capture their special moment in time.