Check out the latest news from around Arkansas! Every day, we’ll bring you some of the best news bits from around the Internet.
- Arkansas will be moving into Phase II of the reopening process, starting today. Gov. Asa Hutchinson announced that the entire state will be moving into Phase II at the same time.
- Bentonville Schools released guidelines for returning to school in August, addressing changes to the way classes will be offered, face masks, breakfast and lunch, and screenings. The school is offering the option between blended or virtual school.
- Former Razorback head football coach Bret Bielema is suing the Razorback Foundation for $7 million which he says is owed to him as part of the buyout agreement following his 2017 firing.
- Matt James was named the first black bachelor in the history of the series. Aired on ABC, the show has put out a statement after fans pointed out their lack of representation from people of color, pledging to make “significant changes” to address the issue.
- Following a nationwide movement for George Floyd, fighting against police brutality, protestors gathered in the area of the Walmart on Shackleford. A Walmart spokesperson said the stores closed due to the protestors, and there was police presence.