Check out the latest news from around Arkansas! Every day, we’ll bring you some of the best news bits from around the Internet.
- Asa Hutchinson announced that the start of the upcoming school year will be pushed back. Now, the school year will begin the week of Aug. 24. Previously, it was set to begin the week of Aug. 13. This is a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Crystal Bridges announced today that three temporary exhibitions are heading to Bentonville in 2021. The three presentations will include Crystal Bridges-organized exhibitions Crafting America and In American Waters, along with Diego Rivera’s America.
- The Bentonville Film Foundation announced yesterday that the upcoming sixth annual Bentonville Film Festival will take place August 10-16, 2020. The festival will feature virtual presentations, world premieres of films, panels and special events, as well as both drive-in screenings and on-the-ground events.
- For the 2020-21 competitive school year, Razorback Athletics will switch to mobile only ticketing for all sports. Mobile tickets will also be utilized for all season tickets, mini plans as well as single event tickets.
- Conway’s Jessica Zimmerman, owner of Zimmerman Events, wrote and published “Sleeping with a Stranger” – the story of how she and her husband overcame sickness and self-discovery. The book is currently a bestseller on the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Barnes & Noble and Amazon.