Check out the latest news from around Arkansas! Every day, we’ll bring you some of the best news bits from around the Internet.
- After farmers markets were challenged to close down or adapt to regulations required due to the coronavirus, the University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture along with the Arkansas Farmers’ Market Association put out a survey that reported 18 percent of farmers markets plan to reduce their hours or days of operation, 56 percent will limit the number of customers, 33 percent will have fewer vendors and 11 percent will have online sales only with curbside pick-up.
- Target has announced they will temporarily close 71 stores in Minnesota, 49 in California and 12 in New York. Target clarified that workers impacted by these closures will still be paid for their scheduled hours.
- Paul Vitale, a resident of Minnesota, has dedicated his past few days to driving to St. Paul to help store owners clean up broken windows and graffiti stained walls after George Floyd protests. Vitale said that while he started doing this alone with his wife, there are now organized clean-up groups across the state.
- According to YourLocalSecurity, UAFS was recently named the safest university in the state, pulling from data gathered by the U.S. Department of Education’s Campus Safety and Security and the FBI’s Uniform Crime Report.
- After canceled proms due to the coronavirus, Ripa and Seacrest invited Jersey Shore’s Pauly “DJ Pauly D” DelVecchio and TikTok’s Addison Rae to join them from a virtual celebration on Friday’s episode of Live with Kelly and Ryan!