Check out the latest news from around Arkansas! Every day, we’ll bring you some of the best news bits from around the Internet.
- Arkansas will be moving into Phase II of the reopening process, starting Monday, June 15. Gov. Asa Hutchinson announced that the entire state will be moving into Phase II at the same time. Previously, Hutchinson discussed the possibility of taking a regional approach to the Phase II reopening but ultimately declined to take that approach.
- The university announced on the day of George Floyd’s funeral they would give a full scholarship to his 6-year-old daughter, Gianna Floyd, if she wishes to attend when the time comes.
- Previously scheduled for July 13-16 in Atlanta, the SEC Football Media Days will now feature SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey’s annual “State of the SEC” address and additional media sessions with head coaches and athletes through a virtual platform.
- The Associated Press reported, from unnamed Japanese media sources, that the postponed 2020 Tokyo Olympics may be “very different.” They are still scheduled for July 23 through August 8, 2021.
- Jessica Dean, a Pulaski Academy graduate, started her broadcast journalism career reporting in Northwest Arkansas. Now, she is working for CNN as a Washington correspondent, covering the progress of former Vice President Joe Biden’s campaign for the White House.