Check out the latest news from around Arkansas! Every day, we’ll bring you some of the best news bits from around the Internet.
- Arkansas’ economy has experienced the third best recovery in the United States since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, according to a WalletHub report.
- A monument called “Memorial to Company A, Capital Guards,” located in MacArthur Park, has reportedly been removed. The guards portrayed in the statue were a militia unit from Pulaski County that formed a company in 1961, fighting for the Confederacy at the beginning of the Civil War.
- The Kansas Department of Health and Environment has declared Arkansas a COVID-19 hot spot. Arkansas is one of four states, including Alabama, Arizona and Maryland that have received that status.
- The largest move theater chain in the world, which was rumored to be closing permanently due to the financial hit taken form the coronavirus pandemic, has announced the reopening of 450 of its locations on July 15. There has been no announcement on which, if any AMC theaters in Arkansas will reopen.
- Amy Klobuchar announced yesterday she is removing her candidacy to be former Vice President Joe Biden’s vice presidential pick, as she believes “this is a moment to put a woman of color on that ticket.”
READ MORE: Top 10 Music Events for Juneteenth Weekend