Check out the latest news from around Arkansas! Every day, we’ll bring you some of the best news bits from around the Internet.
- Scott signed an executive order to restore curfews within the city beginning June 1, occurring nightly from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. According to a press release from the city of Little Rock, the curfew will be implemented tonight due to growing concerns of an increase in COVID-19 cases during large protest gatherings.
- Bill Hanisch of Hanisch Bakery in Red Wing, Minnesota and his team have spent the last five weeks baking and decorating cakes with the intention of gifting them to high school seniors whose graduations were cancelled due to COVID-19. By the end of this week, they will have donated more than 1,000 cakes in surrounding towns.
- Following the limitations and guidelines put in place by Gov. Asa Hutchinson, teams across the state got back to work on Monday morning.
- Local business owner, Eden Garrett, is establishing her roots in Northwest Arkansas. The recent college graduate turned her entrepreneurship class project into a real business plan, opening Eden’s Flower Truck and Eden’s Botanicals.
- The married duo announced on their Instagram that they have donated $200,000 to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund, in honor of the George Floyd murder and protests.