Check out the latest news from around Arkansas! Every day, we’ll bring you some of the best news bits from around the Internet.
- The Razorback Cinema Grill & IMAX in Fayetteville and the Rogers Towne Cinema Grill in Rogers will reopen this Friday, putting safety protocols into place due to COVID-19.
- HCT Media and Devil Tub Productions announced they will begin filming for “Ghosts of the Ozarks,” which will be produced on an Arkansas set. The film “follows a young black doctor who is summoned by his uncle to a remote town in the Ozarks only to discover upon his arrival that the utopian paradise is not all that it seems to be.”
- Philander Smith College in Little Rock will be receiving a portion of Netflix CEO Reed Hastings’ $120 million donation to Historical Black colleges and universities.
- The City of Little Rock and partner organizations are distributing hundreds of thousands of nutritious meals to Pulaski County residents impacted by COVID-19. Through the Little Rock Cares Emergency Relief Fund, Little Rock and numerous organizations are continuing to create meals for students, families, seniors and more.
- Zaffino’s by Nori, a well-known Italian restaurant in Sherwood, is shutting down permanently. The restaurant announced via social media that it would be closing up shop. In a Facebook post, the restaurant thanked customers for “years of loyalty.”