Check out the latest news from around Arkansas! Every day, we’ll bring you some of the best news bits from around the Internet.
- All of the Susan G. Komen offices in Arkansas will be closing in 2020. The organization’s national headquarters is restructuring the organization to become a unified entity called “One Komen.” According to a news release, the breast cancer nonprofit is aiming to centralize shared services in order to adapt to new economic realities.
- The Pantry has announced that it will be shutting down after an employee tested positive for COVID-19. In a Facebook post, owner Tomas Bohm said that the restaurant will be closed and every employee tested “out of an abundance of caution.”
- Disney announced yesterday they won’t be issuing reopening guidelines for theme parks until after July 4. They originally were planning to reopen their Anaheim parks on July 17. However, Downtown Disney will still reopen on July 9.
- The City of Rogers and the Walmart AMP are joining together to host a socially distant celebration of the 4th of July. The show will be visible from parking lots surrounding the Walmart AMP.
- Joseph “Joe Exotic” Maldonado-Passage was released from isolation after a fan letter-writing campaign. Currently serving a 22-year prison sentence, the Tiger King star had been placed in the security housing units but is now in “a room with a hospital bed and a WINDOW.”
- Stouffers has created the first ever ‘Mac on Tap’ dispenser, which will deliver the “creamy, cheesy goodness of Stouffer’s Mac and Cheese” straight from the tap.