Check out the latest news from around Arkansas! Every day, we’ll bring you some of the best news bits from around the Internet.
- The bright red dot visible from our homes is actually the planet Mars. Since Mars and Earth orbit at different speeds, every two years or so they are closer than normal. However, due to the expected alignment of both planets and the sun on July 27, Mars will remain closer to our planet for at least a few more weeks.
- EasyBins, a grocery service that provides both shopping and delivery services yet only charges for the groceries themselves, is making its way to Central Arkansas. After placing the order the night before, EasyBin customers will wake up to their groceries on the porch when they wake up.
- The award-winning Central Arkansas burger chain announced that they are headed to Hot Springs this upcoming December.
- Sarah Goodman, an author from Prattsville, released her new young adult novel “Eventide” for pre-order on Amazon. The book will be available this October. In addition, Goodman’s book was chosen to be featured at BookExpo 2020, the largest annual book trade fair in the United States. The expo will be online due to COVID-19 starting May 26.
- Ty Storey, former Arkansas Razorback, then Western Kentucky quarterback, has announced his return to The Natural State as a seventh-grade football and basketball coach at Grimsley Junior High School in Centerton