Here are some words of wisdom and motivation from our publisher, Heather Baker.
Who among us doesn’t want to be a happy, healthy and successful human being?
Still, it can be easy to lose your way, which is why I’ve compiled a list of habits that help me reach goals with my career as a publisher, being a wife, mom, friend and mentor.
Below are just some of the ways we can separate ourselves from the rest of the crowd. If you have more ideas please share those with me!
I don’t mind you sharing but please don’t steal! #havetoask #hbway #bethedifference
- Don’t hold grudges. One of my best bits of advice. Everyday starts fresh and new.
- Think outside of the box. Never be the norm; I’m definitely not. ?
- Go by a routine and make exercise a part of it. It takes practice to develop healthy habits and stick with them. Once you do, your internal foundation will be strong.
- Have a supportive tribe, thereby not wasting time with negative or toxic people. I adore my friends! ❤️
- Don’t care about what other people think. Does a tiger lose sleep over the opinion of sheep?
- Don’t people please. 20+ years in doing what I do, it doesn’t work!
- See difficult and challenging situations as opportunities for personal growth. This makes me grow!
- Consider handling rejection a skill and are resilient. Learn!
- Make time for YOU. Whether it’s getting eight hours of sleep every night, finding 15 minutes to read the newspaper in peace or an hour to go to the gym, they make it a priority — just like everything else. When you take care of yourself, you have a bigger impact on others.
- Be spiritual. God is my rock.
- Practice deep breathing.
- Know there isn’t such a thing as “having it all,” and they’re happy about that. Wouldn’t the world be a boring place for them otherwise?
- Fear doesn’t hold us back. Take risks. Everyday!
- Say “NO,” and stick to your guns.. Learn to set boundaries. Plenty of them.
- Learn a great deal from other people whom they admire. Have a great mentor, or take notes of how those they aspired to be like handled various situations.
- Follow your inner guidance. Not only do I have a vision, but I follow it.
- Give without expecting anything in return. A blessing is giving something to someone knowing they can’t return the favor. Plus, no one needs to know but God.
- Don’t be pretentious or conceited.
- Passion is what drives me. I authentically believe in what I am doing.
- Don’t complain. Be positive!
- Live by their core values in both their professional and personal lives.
- Be happy to swim against the tide.
The higher up you get, the stronger the current and you are often swimming alone.
- Finish what you start. A to Z.
This is so important to me.
- Don’t compare yourselves to other people. God made you just the way he wanted you.
Thanks for reading. As I said above, please share your ideas and thoughts.
Be the difference!